Bite into a savoury surprise with this pineapple tart recipe. The savoury salted egg perfectly balances the sweetness of the pineapple paste.
Savoury Cheese Pineapple Box
The Pineapple Tart Premix used in this recipe is a time-saver for bakers. There’s no need to sieve the premix as all ingredients in the premix have been pre-sifted.
Lemon paste renders both colour and flavour in this recipe. The lemon flavour is subtle as a small amount is used, but provides a nice cut into the sweetness of pineapple paste.
Salted Butter 250g
Pineapple Tart Mix 1 pkt
Vanilla Essence 1/2 tsp
Lemon Paste 3/4 tsp
Egg Yolk 2
Pineapple Paste 500g
Salted Egg Yolk 10
Egg Wash/ Topping
Lemon Paste 1/4 tsp
Cheddar Cheese, 50g
1. Combine the salted butter and pineapple tart mix. Add the vanilla essence, 1/2 tsp lemon paste and egg yolks and mix thoroughly. This process can be done by hand or using a pandle attachment in the mixer.
2. Wrap half a salted egg yolk ball with 20g of pineapple paste to cover it.
3. Wrap this entire filling with 30-40g of dough.
4. Whisk the egg, 1/4 tsp lemon paste. Sieve the egg mixture and brush over the tarts.
5. Sprinkle with some grated cheddar cheese and bake at 180°C for 20-25 minutes.