A classic rich and silky chocolate ganache encased in a flaky, buttery tart shell. Paired with lots of fresh raspberries, perfect for any occasion!
Chocolate Raspberry Tart
Layer the tart with lots of fresh raspberries and sieve over with Bake King Snow White Sugar for the snowy visual effect!
Plain Flour 250g
Caster Sugar 40g
Unsalted Cold Butter, 170g
Egg Yolk 1 Large
Ice Water 2 tbsp
Thickened Cream 200ml
70% Dark Chocolate 280g
Caster Sugar 25g
Large Eggs 2
1. Place butter in a mixing bowl together with flour, sugar and salt; mix the ingredients together using rubbing-in method or pastry blender till it resemble coarse crumbs.
2. Slowly drizzle in beaten egg (yolk plus ice water) and using a plastic spatula to bind the mixture together to form a dough.
3. Wrap dough in cling wrap and rest it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
4. After which dough into 0.7mm thick and using a tart tin as a guide, cut out circles and assemble them into each tart tin.
5. Rest tarts in the fridge for another 10 minutes. Blind bake the tart shells in preheated 180°C oven for 15 minutes or until they are slightly golden in colour. Set aside to cool.
6. To prepare the chocolate filling: simmer cream and milk in a heavy duty saucepan till almost boil. Remove from heat, stir in chocolate till completely melt showing a smooth batter.
7. Next whisk in sugar and salt till dissolved then follow by beaten egg until mixture is smooth and glossy.
8. Pour chocolate filling into cooled tart shells, bake in 160°C oven for about 8 minutes or until filling is set and surface is glossy.
9. Cool tarts to room temperature, dust with icing sugar and decorate with raspberries.
Tips: Alternatively you can make six 10cm individual chocolate tarts.