Filled with oaty goodness, this breakfast muffin is filled with fragrance of unrefined brown sugar.
Rolled Oat Muffins
This lovely recipe can be simply doubled. Keep leftovers in a sealed bag in the chiller or freezer. Toast thawed muffins in 150°C for 10 minutes.
Plain Flour 50g
Wholemeal Flour 50g
Rolled Oats 2 tbsp
Baking Soda 1/2 tsp
Dried Fruits, Diced 60g
Corn Oil 80ml
Light Brown Sugar 30g
Greek Yogurt 170g
Salt 1/4 tsp
Plain Flour 40g
Rolled Oats 30g
Brown Sugar 30g
Unsalted Butter, 30g
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a 6 regular size muffin tin with paper liners or grease the muffin holes.
2. Mix rolled oats topping ingredients together using a fork then set aside in the fridge while working on the batter.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs, sugar and yogurt together using a hand whisk till combined.
4. Gently stir in sieved flours mixture, baking soda, rolled oats, salt and dried fruits follow by oil till well mixed.
5. Spoon mixture into prepared muffin holes till almost the rim. Divide rolled oats topping equally on top of the batter and bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes.
6. Next reduce temperature to 180°C and bake for another 20 – 25 minutes, (depending on the type of oven) until surface is browned and a skewer inserted in the center and comes out clean.
7. Stand muffins in the tin for 5 minutes before removing it on cooling rack.
Dried fruits such as dried tomato, apricot, prunes and fig can be added in as well.