A lovely cake, complete with the subtle aroma of rose petals!
Rose Tea Chiffon Cake
Perfect for that ladies-only afternoon tea session, this cake is best enjoyed on the day itself, served with coffee or tea.
Dried Rose Petals 1tsp
Hot Water 80ml
Egg Yolks 3
Caster Sugar 30g
Corn Oil 40ml
Top Flour 80g
Baking Powder 1/2 tsp
Dried Rose Petals, 1/2 tsp
Egg Whites 4
Caster Sugar 40g
1. Add hot water to the rose petals and leave mixture to cool. Strain 60ml of the rose tea and set aside.
2. Using a hand whisk, combine egg yolks and caster sugar together till well mixed. In sequence, whisk in vegetable oil and rose tea followed by sieved flour mixture.
3. Next stir in half of the drained rose petals together with dried rose petals, mix well and set aside.
4. For Meringue: Beat egg whites using electric mixer till foamy, gradually add in caster sugar and beat till egg whites turn stiff peak.
5. Fold meringue into flour mixture gently using a hand whisk or spatula in 3 batches till mixture is thoroughly mixed.
6. Pour batter evenly into the ungreased chiffon pan and gently give the pan a bang on the table top to release air bubbles.
7. Bake chiffon cake at 180°C oven for 30 minutes. When baked, turn mould upside down to cool before unmoulding the cake from pan.
8. Lastly drizzle cake with some icing or melted white chocolate and garnish with extra rose petals.