Healthy cookies make a perfect snack anytime of the day! Oats and dates gives you the energy boost to stave off hungry and continue your day.
Oatmeal & Date Energy Cookies
The use of icing sugar gives the cookie a melty texture. It can be replaced with Billington’s Golden Caster Sugar which renders crunch to the cookie.
Plain Flour 170g
Baking Powder 3/4 tsp
Unsalted Butter 170g
Icing Sugar, Sieved 120g
Egg Yolk 1
Vanilla Extract 1/2 tsp
Pinch of Sea Salt
Rolled Oats 60g
Chopped Dried Dates 80g
Rolled Oats / Chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Line baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Cream butter and icing sugar using an electric mixer until light and creamy. Add in yolk and continue to beat till well mixed.
3. Stir in sieved flour and baking soda till combined, add in rolled oats and chopped dates and stir to form soft dough. Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes before using.
4. Divide dough into small portions using a teaspoon and roll it into balls; flatten the surface slightly, top it with desire topping and arrange them on prepared baking tray leaving 1” spacing between each cookie (dough will expand when baked).
5. Bake cookies in preheated oven for 12 – 15 minutes till golden brown. Remove tray from oven and stand cookies for 5 minutes before transferring them to cool completely on cooling rack.