Melt-in-the mouth cookies, filled with lavender fragrance. Suitable for any occasion.
Lavender Icebox Cookies
The combination of flours give this cookie a melt-in-the-mouth texture. The addition of almond nibs gives this cookies a great crunch. Salted butter is used, thus salt is not added.
BK Hong Kong Flour 150g
Corn Flour 75g
Rice Flour 50g
BK Culinary Lavender 5g
Vanilla Extract 1/2 tsp
Icing Sugar 80g
Salted Butter 230g
Whole Egg 70g
Grounded Almond 100g
Almond Nibs 200g
- Mix softened butter together with sifted icing sugar till combined. Do not overmix. Add in Vanilla extract and egg and mix till just combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold in ground almond and sifted flours.
- Add in crushed lavender and almond nibs.
- Shape the dough into a log or a cookie shaper. Chill in the freezer for at least 30mins or overnight in the fridge.
- Remove from freezer/fridge, rest for a minute before cutting slicing the dough.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 165 °C for about 20 minutes.