These cinnamon rolls makes a decadent breakfast idea to start your everyday! Filled with fig and walnuts, it’s a great item for breakfast and brunch!
Fig & Walnut Cinnamon Roll
The aroma of these cinnamon rolls fill the kitchen while baking! Figs and walnuts can be replaced easily with other fruits and nuts. Try out other combinations such as cranberries and almonds, raisins and pecans!
Bake King Bread Flour 500g
Instant Yeast 3tsp (8g)
Caster Sugar 50g
Lukewarm Milk 200ml
Unsalted Butter, Melted 80g
Sea Salt ¼tsp
Unsalted Butter, Melted 60g
Brown Sugar 110g
Ground Cinnamon 1.5Tbsp
Toasted and Roughly Chopped
Dried Figs 6pcs
Thinly Sliced (Optional)
Icing Sugar, Sieved 130g
Zest of 1 Orange
Orange Juice 2tbsp
- Combine bread flour, yeast, sugar, salt, egg and melted butter into the mixing bowl attached on the mixer.
- With the dough hook at low speed, mix until mixture comes together to form smooth and elastic dough.
- Place dough into a large oiled bowl, cover with damp cloth or cling wrap and set aside at warm place to proof for 60 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Punch and roll dough approximately to 23cm x 35cm rectangle. Brush dough surface with melted butter then sprinkle evenly with cinnamon sugar, figs and walnuts.
- Roll up the dough tightly and divide equally into 12 portions then place them in a lightly greased baking dish. Cover with cling wrap and allow it to rise in a warm place for another 20 minutes or till doubled in size.
- Lastly glaze dough with beaten egg mixture (1 egg + 1 tablespoon cold milk) and bake in preheated 180°C oven for 25 minutes till golden in colour.
Orange Glaze: Mix all the glaze ingredients together until smooth then spoon it over onto the freshly baked cinnamon roll and serve. Remaining rolls can freeze well up to 3 months.