Pop tart made healthy! Filled with apples, it’s a treat for everyone!
Apple Pop Tart
This apple filling recipe is very versatile. Use it for pie and pastry fillings, or dish them into small ramekins, sprinkle crumble on top. Bake them and serve with ice cream!
peeled and cut
Sugar 1.5 tbsp
Cinnamon Powder 1 tsp
Unsalted Butter 1/2tbsp
Juice from 1 lime
Pinch of Cornflour
Plain Flour 50g
Cold, salted butter 30g
Cold Water 1-2 tsp
1. Combine apple pieces, cinnamon, butter, sugar in a saucepan and enough water to cover the apples. Cook the apples till tender. Add the lime juice. Stir in a pinch of corn flour. Set aside to cool.
2. Rub butter into flour till crumbly. Stir in water to bind the dough. Flatten the dough between clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven at 180-190°C.
4. Roll out the pastry and cut into 4 rectangles. Place a heaped tablespoon of apple filling on one side of the rectangle. Fold the pastry over and seal the edges. Press the edges with a fork.
5. Prick the surface, brush the surface with egg and bake for 15-20 minutes till the tarts are golden.