Using our Optima Spongecake Mix, create these lovely blossoms without the oven! Soft and spongy, it’s everyone’s new favourite!
Steam Optima Blossoms
An simple yet lovely cake to make, sans oven. Steam these lovely morsels, and enjoy with your favourite afternoon tea.
Optima Sponge Cake Mix 250g
Cold Water/ Milk 2 tbsp
Flavouring 1 tsp
Oil 1 tbsp
- Beat eggs on high speed for 5 minutes till foamy and thick.
- Add in milk and essence, beat on high speed till the mixture is pale and fluffy.
- Add in optima mix, beat till ribbon stage.
- Add in oil in a slow stream and fold in using a spatula.
- Fill in the mould till 80% full.
- Make a cross on the batter using fine sugar (optional)
- Steam on medium high heat for 25-30mins (whole cake) or 12-15mins (cupcakes).