Our Optima Spongecake mix is never just about creating spongecakes. This marble butter cake version gives depth to the premix. The use of natural set yogurt renders extra moisture to the bake.
Optima Marble Cake
The butter cake version of Optima! Pair with your favourite coffee/ tea at any time of the day.
Optima Sponge Cake Mix 200g
Cold Water/ Milk 2 tbsp
Natural Yogurt 10g
Salted Butter, room temp 110g
Cocoa Powder 1 1/2 tbsp
- Preheat oven to 160ºC.
- Cream butter and yogurt till light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine Optima, water and eggs. Beat on medium speed for 8 mins.
- Add butter mixture into the Optima mixture and beat till combined.
- Remove 150g of the cake batter and sift in 1.5tbsp of cocoa powder. Mix well using a spatula.
- Add the cake batters into a cake tin and swirl with a skewer.
- Bake for 35 minutes or till a skewer test comes out clean.