Pineapple tarts are a must-have in every household during festive celebration. The blend of icing sugar with milk powder gives you a melt-in-the-mouth pineapple tart.
Nonya Pineapple Tarts
A staple for our festive celebrations. Adding milk powder to the tart gives extra flavour and fragrance to this lovely morsel.
Bake King Plain Flour 350g
Bake King Icing Sugar 80g
Bake King Vanilla Essence 1tsp
Bake King Milk Powder 2tbsp
Salted Butter 220g
Bake King Pineapple Paste 1kg
Egg wash (1 egg yolk with a few drops of water)
1. Cream butter and Bake King Icing Sugar lightly in the mixing bowl.
2. Add in the egg and Bake King Vanilla Essence into the mixture and continue to cream till smooth.
3. Add in the sieved Bake King Plain Flour and Bake King Milk Powder and mix till well blended.
4. Shape the Pineapple Paste into small balls of about 7g.
5. Roll out the pastry between 2 plastic sheets to 5 mm thickness, and cut into shape with tart cutter.
6. Place cut pastry onto a lined baking sheet and place the pineapple paste in the centre.
7. Roll out a small piece of pastry into thin strips, cut to size and place them on top of the pineapple paste in a cross or hex shape.
8. Brush with egg wash and bake at 180ºC for 15 to 20 minutes.