An evergreen chocolate cake recipe for keeps!
Chocolate Fudge Cake
The chocolate cream recipe is an Asian version of chocolate ganache where Hoen Kwee powder is used. With the use of agar powder, the cream sets nicely and can also be piped as decorations.
Egg Yolks 8
Bake King Optima Mix 225g
Hong Kong Flour 100g
Cocoa Powder 1 tbsp
Baking Soda 1/2 tsp
Chocolate Emulco 3 tbsp
Vanilla Essence 1 tbsp
Corn Oil 175ml
Water or Fresh 175ml
Egg Whites 8
Cream of Tartar 1/2tsp
Cooking Chocolate 175g
Instant Jelly powder 1 tbsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
Tepung Hoen Kwee 1 pkt
Cocoa Powder 1 tsp
1. Whisk egg yolks with chocolate emulco, vanilla essence with a hand whisk. Add in corn oil and water or chocolate milk if using. Mix well.
2. Sift Hong Kong flour, cocoa powder and baking soda into the egg yolk mixture. Add in Optima Mix. Combine using hand whisk and put aside.
3. Whisk egg white with cream of tartar till foamy. Add in sugar and whisk till firm peaks.
4. Add the meringue into the egg yolk mixture in 3 portions, mixing well using a spatula. There should not be visible white streaks.
5. Pour mixture into two baking trays of 11″ x 11″ x 3″ each.
6. Bake at 180°C for 30-35minutes.
1. Place ingredients A in a pot and bring to boil.
2. While cooking A, mix ingredients B in a bowl. Add ingredients B to the chocolate mixture when it boils. Stir til it thickens and coats the back of the spoon.
1. Sandwich the 2 layers of cake with chocolate topping and coat the cake with chocolate cream. Decorate the top of the cake with chocolate flakes.