A favourite with chocolate lovers! Gluten-Free, and full of chocolate flavour, savour every slice.
Chocolate Flourless Cake
With no raising agents, the volume of this cake is built using a well-beaten meringue. Do not overbeat the meringue as it will lead to a dry cake.
Unsalted Butter, 100g
70% Dark Chocolate, 100g
Cocoa Powder, 8g
Ground Almond 80g
2 Large Eggs, separated
Brown Sugar 100g
Boiling Water 25ml
Cocoa Powder or Icing Sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and lined pan with baking paper.
2. In a sauce pan, add in butter, chocolate, cocoa powder and water then stir over low heat for 2 – 3 minutes till chocolate dissolved and mixture is well-combined. Set aside cool while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
3. Using an electric beater, beat egg whites until soft peaks. Set aside.
4. In another bowl, beat brown sugar and egg yolks till thick and creamy.
5. Stir ground almond into chocolate mixture till combined before adding it into the egg yolk mixture and continue to stir till well mixed.
6. Gently fold in egg whites in two batches into the chocolate mixture till no trace of whites found.
7. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 18 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre and comes out with moist crumbs.
8. Cool cake completely in pan. Dust with extra cocoa powder/icing sugar and decorate with strawberries.