Want a savoury touch to traditional pineapple tarts? The addition of parmesan and corn flour give a savoury touch and yet melt-in-the-mouth feel at the same time.
Cheesy Pineapple Balls
A savoury and creamy combination will make you reach out for this pineapple ball for seconds.
Bake King Pineapple Paste 500g
Bake King Plain Flour 350g
Unsalted Butter 250g
Icing Sugar 60g
Egg Yolks 2 nos
Parmesan Cheese Powder 60g
Corn Flour 15g
Sea Salt 1/4 tsp
Egg Yolk 1 mix with milk 1 tbsp
1. Divide pineapple filling into small portions of 8g each and roll it into oval shapes. Set aside.
2. Using an electric beater, cream butter and icing sugar till light and creamy, beat in egg yolk one at a time until fluffy.
3. Stir in parmesan cheese till combined and with a spatula fold in sieved ingredients (plain flour, corn flour and salt) in 3 batches till it forms a firm dough.
4. Divide dough into two portions and place them between two sheets of baking paper and set aside in the fridge for at least 10 minutes to rest the dough.
5. Remove a portion of the dough, roll some into oblong shape and place into the pastry press/mould then press to pipe dough into a long strip.
6. Place a piece of pineapple filling on one end; roll the pastry up to enclose the filling without overlapping the pastry. Cut off the excess and repeat the process.
7. Arrange pineapple rolls on baking tray lined with baking paper, brush them with egg wash and bake in preheated 160°C oven for 15 – 18 minutes till golden brown in colour.
8. Leave pineapple rolls to cool completely on cooling rack before storing.