A classic recipe, where good ingredients makes a difference. The use of Self-Raising flour provides a consistent and even rise to the cake. Want a citrus tang? Add in grated orange zest for a further lift to the flavours.
Marble cake, an evergreen recipe. Make it right with our Self-Raising Flour.
BK Self-Raising Flour 120g
Unsalted butter 120g
Vanilla Essence 1 tsp
Billington’s Golden Caster 110g
Salt ¼ tsp
Milk 2 tbsp
Cocoa Powder 1 heaped tbsp
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Line the base and sides of a 7″ round cake tin.
2. Sift flour and salt. Put aside.
3. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy using an electric handheld mixer.
4. Combine eggs and vanilla essence and beat lightly.
5. Add in beaten eggs to butter mixture in 5 to 6 additions, beating well after each addition.
6. Add in sifted flour, and alternate with milk in 4 additions. Mix with a spatula to combine.
7. Spoon out 120g of the batter and add in the sifted cocoa powder. Mix with a spatula to combine.
8. In a lined 6” cake tin, pour in the cake batter and alternate with the cocoa batter. Fill the cake tin till 70% full.
9. Gently tap the cake tin on the table to remove air pockets.
10. Using a satay stick, put into the cake batter and swirl around the batter to create the marble effect.
11. Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45min, or till a skewer comes out clean.