No-oven, 5-ingredient dessert full of wellness!
Gula Melaka Steamed Cake with Sweet Potato
For added fragrance, add in a few pieces of pandan leaves when the sugar syrup is cooked.
Pandan leaves can also be added in the water for steaming.
Self-Raising Flour 200g
Gula Melaka 100g
Coconut Milk 40ml
Sweet Potato Cubes 50g
1. In a small saucepan, melt gula melaka with 120ml water, sieve and set aside.
2. Before preparing the batter, bring water to boil in the steamer.
3. Place self-raising flour in a mixing bowl together with coconut milk, pour over sugar syrup and mix well to form a thick batter.
4. Spoon batter into cupcake cases placed in ramekins then topped them with sweet potato cubes.
5. Place prepared ramekins on steaming rack and steamed over high heat for 15 minutes.
6. Once it is done, remove cakes from ramekins to cool down before serving it warm.